It’s that time of year again folks, with Summer now officially in full swing the days are lasting longer and July is almost upon us. Warmer days are often spent at BBQs or on the beach and for those of us living in the United States it means Independance Day or the 4th of July, is almost here.
One of the main complaints I always hear as an editor is that dressing for this holiday is hard. You risk looking super cheesy at worst, like some crazy iteration of the american flag, or you spend a ton of money to look cute but then never wear the outfit again.
So I wanted to take the time to put together a little shopping guide to how to look cute for the 4th by repurposing your summer staples and adding a little bit of a patriotic twist.
So the folk trend is nothing new. Gorgeous flowing embroidered dresses mixed with cool lace up shoes and western inspired jewels has been the go-to style for boho babes for the past several summers. However, try giving this free spirited trend a little bit of a classic 70s americana spin with an adorable pair of red espadrilles and a blue bandana. Pair this look with some John Lennon inspired sunnies to complete your patriotic retro ensemble.
Denim & Supply By Ralph Lauren Embroidery Anglaise Midi Dress $323.50
4th of July Style
- Urban Outfitters Western Basic Bandana $6
- Komono The Lennon White Gold $119.95
- Soludos Suede Lace-Up Platform Espadrille Sandals $89
- Vanessa Mooney The Marley Triple Choker $55
- Illesteva Leonard Woodstock $177
- Isabel Marant Alois Tasseled Leather-Trimmed Suede Sandal $450
What I truly loved about this top is that while it has a mix of red, white, and blue, it’s also a breezy, effortless cut with a cool graphic print to make it one of those summer staples that can easily be worn all season. It’s an ideal piece for a casual get together with friends. By pairing it with a some white trainers, denim cutoffs and some aviators you will be ready to tackle any picnic, BBQ, or beach day that comes your way. After the holiday is over, try wearing this top with a cute pair of white culottes and tan sandals for a perfectly polished summer-in-the city ensemble.
Tularose Cory Halter Top $108
4th of July Style
- Workhorse Almodine $125
- Ray-Ban Original Aviator Sunglasses $175
- Topshop Tall Bleach Raw Hem Mom Short $52
- Adidas Superstar Shoes $80
- Pamela Love Trio Bracelet $220
- Vince Straight Leg Culottes $297
- Ancient Greek Sandals Iris Stones Sandals $215
If you find yourself at a beach, lake, or on a boat this holiday season why not try this adorable nautical inspired dress. Try wearing it with a fun straw hat, navy blue sunnies, and some simple white sandals. What I love about this particular pair is that they will give you a little bit of height without sacrificing the ability to walk. Conversely, this dress also makes for the perfect summer weekend look. Great for brunches with friends or lazy Sundays. It looks excellent with a pair of white oxford brogues and a pair of statement sunnies.
Maeve Striped Tank Dress $138
4th of July Style
- Eugenia Kim Courtney Hat $248.50
- 3.1 Phillip Lim 12 Keyhole Round Frame $99
- French Connection Jaclyn Flat Leather Sandals $79.99
- Thierry Lasry Cheeky Cat-Eye Acetate Sunglasses $475
- Miansai Screw Cuff Bracelet Gold Plated $200
- Zara Flat Openwork Shoes $29.99
Hope you enjoyed this holiday dressing post. As always please leave in the comments what you liked or perhaps didn’t like about it and if you have anything that you would like to see on the website let us know. Also for all of you dear readers living in the United States hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend.
The Everyday Editor