I’ve mentioned before in prior posts how much I love this time of year. There is something so magical about the decorations, the parties, and the time spent with loved ones, that brings me back to being a child again. When I was little I realized that Christmas was only a hundred days away. I had my parents pull out all of our christmas videos, decorate my room early and began to count down the days… I had really understanding parents.
As I grew older this love never really diminished, In college, I was always the first to decorate my dorm room, to host holiday cookie and coco nights, and to plan present swaps, even with finals creeping around the corner. Now, I am so lucky to have found a husband that loves the season as much as me, even though he has placed a rule that no holiday videos can be watched until after Thanksgiving.
However, what is probably my absolute favorite thing about the holiday season is buying gifts for those near and dear to me. It is like taking my day job as an stylist and fashion editor and using it for everyone one that I love. So on that train of thought I wanted to share with you some of my favorite gifts for the season and hope that you find a little inspiration for your loved ones as well.
GIFTS FOR MOM
Shopping for moms can always be tricky but, if your mother is anything like mine then gifts that help her feel relaxed, or surrounding her with pretty things for the home are always the best routes to go. Whether it is a plush robe, some gorgeous smelling bath products, or the perfect shade of pink lipstick she will be ready for a day of relaxation and beauty. For the Mom that loves to decorate her home, why not try a cute rose gold planter set or an amazing candle in her favorite scent. For an extra special present try a beautiful necklace that she can wear for any occasion.
- Ela Rae necklace in ruby and moonstone $378
- EM Cosmetics lipstick in the shade Uptown $15
- PJ Salvage waffle robe in pink $88
- Cire Trudon candle scent Melchior $105
- Mullen and Sparrow bath set scent Rose $60
- Redwood Stoneworks planter trio in Ombre Rose $30
GIFTS FOR DAD
What do you get for the guy that has everything? A good laugh to start. Give your Dad this hilarious book, and who knows, maybe he will be able to freshen up some of his own Dad jokes, it’s a gift for everyone really. The key to shopping for Fathers is getting them things that they would never buy for themselves; so a cozy pair of pjs, a nice new cologne, or a lux new travel case are the perfect presents for Pop. Also something that will be sure to delight are these cool whiskey glasses and an amazing small batch of bourbon.
- J Crew pj set in heathered cadet $89.50
- Bookers small batch bourbon $59.99
- The Very Embarrassing Book of Dad Jokes: Because Your Dad Thinks He’s Hilarious $9.94
- Tom Ford for men extreme spray $130
- Corkcicle whiskey wedge $17.95
- Nash For Men leather travel case $128
GIFTS FOR HIM
Shopping for the guy in your life can always be hard. It’s a fine balance of getting him what you think he needs verses what you think he will want. Why not have it both ways with this super stylish jacket and watch. Also a great way to get your guy into grooming is to buy a shaving travel kit it makes an amazing stocking stuffer (it worked for mine). If he is the more DIY type, try this at-home brew kit for making his own microbrew or a great great multitool.
- Box Brew Kits quarter master brew kit and bottles $189
- Victorinox huntsman multitool $38
- PS by Paul Smith wool-blend bomber jacket $695
- MVMT watch in white/tan leather $95
- Rains waterproof duffle $93
- Art of Shaving starter kit $30
GIFTS FOR HER
Be sure and leave this part of the post open for the would-be gift getters in your life to find. From sumptuous cashmere socks and decadent beauty products to custom signature necklaces, these gifts are all about feeling lux. Gorgeous home accents, like a beautiful photography book or a candle with your favorite scent that, once burned, can be repurposed are a thoughtful gift for newer relationship. But for the more daring couples some stunning lingerie can always be a gift for both.
- Fornasetti candle scent in thyme, lavender, and cedar wood $175
- Brevity signature necklace $195
- Hot Sox cashmere thigh high socks in black $18
- Agent Provocateur lace bodysuit $590
- American Beauty by Claiborne Swanson Frank $75
- L’Occitane En Provence delicious almond gift set $75
GIFTS FOR KIDS
Shopping for little ones is always fun. A children’s cookbook can be a great way to spend time with the kiddos or share a part of your own childhood with this vintage candy box. For the junior biologist a cool bio luminescent buddy is part-nightlight, part-pet. While the budding fashion lover will always appreciate a stuffed Karl and his pet cat Chopette. When in doubt clothing is a practical gift, spice it up with this cool super hero beanie or glitter shoes.
- Nerdy Nummies Cookbook by Rosanna Pansino $17.99
- J Crew girls glitter shearling moccasins $45
- Kahri Karl Largerfeld and Chopette doll $30
- Bio Pop Bioluminescent Toy $59.95
- J Crew superhero beanie $34.50
- Dylan’s Candy Bar nostalgia gift bucket $75
GIFTS FOR HOST/HOSTESS
Never show up at a holiday party empty handed. Be the number one guest with these unique gifts. Stick to tradition with a delightful selection of chocolates or a subscription to a monthly wine club. For the hosts that love to entertain, try this book full of great cocktail recipes or a festive set of coasters. If you’re wanting to go outside the box, try a set of opulent stationary, or just go optical and hand over a portable smartphone projector.
- Dolce and Gabbana note card set $95
- Stick With Me Sweets 24 pieces bonbon box $88 (prices vary upon selection).
- Club W wine club membership $39 for 3 bottles (prices vary upon membership selections)
- Post Studio birch coasters color studies set of 4 $30
- Experimental Cocktail Club by Romée de Goriainoff, Pierre-Charles Cros and Olivier Bon $22.89
- Luckies of London smart phone projector $38.95
Thanks for reading, here’s hoping this helps with routing out your shopping. Feel free to leave any other great gift ideas you’ve come up with in the comments below.
The Everyday Editor